Redflow delivers the world’s smallest zinc-bromine flow battery
Redflow Limited (Redflow) is a publicly-listed Australian company (ASX:RFX) that has developed the world’s smallest zinc-bromine flow battery, a powerful new energy storage system that can be used anywhere from individual homes right up to grid-scale deployment. We design, develop and deliver two battery models: ZBM2 flow batteries for telecommunications, commercial, industrial and grid-scale applications and ZCell for residential energy storage.
Redflow batteries offer unique advantages over legacy battery types
Redflow batteries deliver unique benefits over traditional battery chemistries such as lead-acid and lithium-based batteries – by providing 100 per cent daily depth of discharge and retaining their full energy storage capacity throughout their warranted life. Redflow batteries are constructed from easily recyclable or reusable components.
Redflow’s 10kWh zinc-bromine flow battery
- Developed for telecommunications, commercial and industrial, grid-scale and residential energy storage
- Warranted total energy throughput of 36.5MWh, or 10 years whichever comes first
- Ideal for telecommunications and commercial applications at 48Vdc
Redflow’s Large Scale Battery (LSB) reference platform
- Large-scale utility and commercial applications
- High energy density up to hundreds of kilowatt hours in one LSB
- Larger projects can interface multiple LSBs
- The Australian-designed ZCell is a storage system
built around Redflow’s unique zinc-bromine flow battery.
- ZCell can deliver 10 kWh of stored energy each day, time-shifting energy from solar panels or lower-cost off-peak power, for when you need it.
- ZCell keeps your home powered when the grid blacks out.