Redflow was in 2015 selected as a FiRe Starter at the exclusive innovation conference FiRe (Future in Review), held in Utah. Watch Redflow Chairman Simon Hackett explain the unique benefits of our zinc-bromine flow batteries in the New Energy Technologies segment on Wednesday, October 7, 2015.
Unlock a sustainable source of energy with Redflow. Our innovative flow battery technology lets you take control and secure your energy future, now.Only 40 minutes of the suns energy provides the total energy consumption, for every person on the earth, for a year. The sun is the most powerful generator yet. Redflow enables energy storage, for when the sun is shining on the other side of the world, or on an overcast or rainy day – no matter where you are.
The benefits of Redflow energy storage:
- We have the world’s smallest flow battery 3.7ft2 (0.34m2). With a high energy density of up to 44MWh expected energy throughput.
- Made from totally recyclable plastic and commonly sourced materials.
- Our batteries happily charge and discharge 100% of their energy day-in and day-out, with no impact on longevity.
- Tolerates heat, humidity and harsh conditions better than any other battery up to 122°F (50°C), mitigating cooling costs.
- Batteries do not need fire suppression systems or thermal management systems.
- Small footprint which is fully modular and scalable, in either series or parallel configurations, up to MW capacities.
- 10 year warranty or energy throughput warranty, whichever comes first. This warranty is for 100% of the batteries energy storage capacity, day-in day-out.
- Perfect for remote and isolated destinations.
- Guaranteed indefinite battery life, when fully discharged and no maintenance required.
- 100% depth of discharge is perfect for intermittent energy sources (unstable grids and renewable energy), there is no battery damage from regular power outages.
- No trickle charge required when deployed or stored.
- Batteries can be kept at zero state of charge for long periods of time without degradation.
What is Future in Review (FiRe)?
Hosted by Mark Anderson, founder and publisher of the Strategic News Service™, the Future in Review® (FiRe) conference exposes world experts and participants to new ideas in a manner that produces an accurate portrait of the future in technology, including the global economy, cloud computing, biology and medical diagnostics, policy, netbooks, space travel, sustainability, and other fields that contribute to technology outcomes. (Strategic News Service and the SNS weekly global report have been accurately predicting the technology industry’s future since 1995.)This intimate conference is designed to be intellectually challenging, financially rewarding, and fun.
What makes FiRe unique?
No other conference offers participants a more accurate view of the technology industry in the next 3-5 years. And no other conference provides the intellectual engagement and challenge you will find at FiRe, in a beautiful environment, meeting with the world leaders who are building that future.
In place of canned PowerPoint speeches, FiRe consists entirely of focused conversations on subjects affecting the near- and mid-term future.